Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mido Predicts Positive Season Ahead

MIDO believes with a full pre-season under his belt, he can hit top form and show the fans his true ability come the start of the season.
The Egyptian striker missed the opening pre-season fixture at York while visa issues prevented his trip to the Algarve, but after overcoming a brief injury setback he feels on his way to full fitness.
"I have never had a good pre-season build-up and done badly in the season, so hopefully this season will be just the same," he said.
"The fans will see a different player this season and with games I will reach my top form. With games I think I will get to the top of my form, especially with fitness and that's what I need."
A first-half at Carlisle on last Tuesday and a shade over an hour against Hibs went some way to help the comeback from an operation that was followed by a hard summer of intense fitness work in his native country.
"I worked with Nick Allamby in Egypt, he's a great lad and he was working hard with me.
"It's been a long time for me without games and as I said it was important to get myself going again and minutes have helped me do that.
"For me it was important to get my legs going again and I'm very happy with my condition."
The £6m signing from Spurs a year ago explained his frustrations at the way his first campaign on Teesside unfolded.
"I wasn't happy with last season, I just wanted to get on with this season and we've done everything right now.
"The operation issues feel much better, my legs feel much better and if you watch the game you will see that I even look a lot better this season."
Mido is adamant those who watch him play will see a notable difference in his performance, not to mention his hairstyle.
"Now when you see me play you can see the difference between now and last season.
"I haven't had a haircut yet! I've been unlucky with my last haircut as every time I shave my head I have a bad season."

No comments: