Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Amr Zaki : I've come to England to score goals


Egypt striker Amr Zaki joined Wigan on Tuesday in a season-long loan deal from Cairo side Zamalek.
The 25-year-old Zaki has scored 27 goals in 48 international appearances.
"I've come to England to score goals,'' he said. "That's what I do. I want to show the manager and the fans of Wigan that they have made a good choice and now I am totally focused on trying to get in the squad and prove myself here.''
Wigan manager Steve Bruce said it took a lot of work bringing Zaki to the Premier League.
"Anyone with a one-in-two strike-rate or better over 50-odd international games knows where the back of the net is,'' Bruce said. "He is all action, physically powerful, great in the air, with two great feet and a good turn of pace.''