Monday, July 28, 2008

Mido Can't Wait For Season Start ..download Mido's interview

MIDO is relishing being back in pre-season training and believes the 2008/09 campaign will be a marked improvement on last year, not only for himself, but also for the club.
The Egyptian striker has foregone what for many are usual summer activities and focussed his time on getting back fit for Boro, something he felt was necessary.
"I've been doing a lot of hard work with Nick Allamby and he has done a great job with me, we were training twice-a-day, every morning and afternoon for fitness. It's been a hard four weeks but I needed to come back at a good level of fitness.
"I chose to build on my fitness ahead of anything else, we had a baby in the summer but my holiday, I put that to one side to work with Nick and get back to full fitness.
Mido admits that he is delighted to be back in training with the team, especially after such a personally frustrating season for the former Ajax hitman.
"I've been looking forward to it all summer and I'm happy that we're all back and under way now. Though it was frustrating for me not be be in Portugal.
"Everyone knows that last season everything was out of my hands, I was injured and fighting injury all season. When I did get back to play I wasn't fit and was back injured again."

Upon his return to Rockliffe Park along with the rest of the squad, new fitness coach Frank Nuttall was introduced to the team and Mido feels that although the type of work differs from what he's used to, it will only go on to benefit the club.
"It is hard work, it's different work but he's been doing well with us and hopefully we will get used to his style of training because it's very different from last year.
"We were one of the fittest sides in the division last season and it's credit to the staff here and the manager wants everything to be even better this season."
Looking ahead to the new season, the Cairo-born frontman believes Boro have all the firepower necessary with which to push up the league and feels the competition for places is necessary for the club.
"Jeremie Aliadiere, Afonso Alves and Tuncay are all good strikers, they're different players, but I'm sure I can fit with all of them as I have the experience and I can adapt myself to the way my partner is playing.
"It's the way Premier League sides are now, all four of us offer something different and it will give different options and credits for the manager to play with.
"I want to help the side get into Europe. A top 10 would be a reasonable target for us and to achieve that would be great."
In closing, Mido had a message for the Boro fans.
"I hope the fans understand what happened to me last season and this season I have done everything possible to make myself fit for the club and now I'm just waiting for the season to start.

Mido's interview : Download

- vedio from Mido4ever.com

No comments: