Friday, July 25, 2008

Middlesbrough star Mido: I'm no fatso!

Slimmed-down Mido has insisted Middlesbrough will see the best of him this season.
The £6million striker has shed two stone and is down to his fighting weight of 14 stone after cancelling his summer holidays for double fitness sessions.
The Egyptian spent a month in Cairo with a fitness expert who put him through running sessions in the morning and weight and strength training in the 40C afternoon heat.
Mido received some flak from Boro fans after looking out of shape towards the end of the season.
That was put down to an unusual pubic bone injury that has cleared up and allowed Mido to report back ready for action... almost.
He is training with the reserves on Teesside after a visa problem left him unable to travel to Southgate's training camp in Portugal this week.
Mido said: "I have made sure I've got back to a good level of fitness.
"The heat was 40c but every day we worked hard on conditioning.
"Sometimes I would have no pain and start training again, only for it to come back. I have done everything possible to be fit.
"Now I want to get better luck and score some goals."

No comments: