Monday, January 14, 2008

Mido set for Rovers return


...MIDO is set to return to the Middlesbrough side at Blackburn this week – and has set a target of 10 Premier League goals before the end of the season.
The £6 million Egyptian star has two goals in eight appearances for the Teessiders, but has been out since October with a pubic bone injury.
He was expected to play for the reserves last week, then figure in yesterday’s home clash with Liverpool but suffered a setback in training.
Now though, he is confident of playing a part at Ewood Park on Saturday – and taking his goal tally to 10 by the end of the campaign.
“I am close, I had a little setback during training last week and now I am trying to recover from it. I was hoping to be fit for the Liverpool game but I will be aiming for the next match,” he said.

It is the most frustrating thing that can happen to a footballer, to be away for a long time. It is especially frustrating for myself as a new signing because I still have things to prove to the club and the supporters.
“But that is football and I have to deal with it and get back into my top form as quick as I can. If I can finish the season in good form and with 10 league goals that would be a good achievement for me because I have been out for a long time.
“If I can end the season well then it will be good for me and the club.”

No comments: