Friday, February 29, 2008

Mido insists his weight-loss regime is paying off


Chunky Middlesbrough striker Mido is following his former Spurs team-mates in slimming down.
The Egypt striker lends a heavyweight presence to Boro but insists his weight-loss regime is paying off.
Tottenham boss Juande Ramos credits the Carling Cup win to strict new healthy-eating rules that helped his squad lose almost 16 stone between them.
Mido, who moved to Teesside in August, said: "A lot's been said of the Spurs players losing a lot of weight since Ramos came in and the diet he put them on. I've lost a lot of weight too. I don't want to say how much but I've been doing a lot of work on the training ground and I'm on a hard, tough diet.
"I'm trying to lose another two or three kilos but don't have to lose them quickly. My weight isn't a problem and I believe I am proving that now by my performances."

No comments: